The P.E.A.C.E Foundation
How was it done?
The project consists of 15 hectares of arable land, divided amongst 23 farmers for the cultivation of paprika and vegetables. The FDIS provides the most recent irrigation technology, using low water pressure, based on gravity and allows farmers to enjoy all the advantages of drip irrigation, at low cost and without additional demands for technological changes.
• Governed by the committee of 7 members, being the chairperson, his deputy, treasurer, secretary, her deputy and 2 additional members
• Managed under close supervision by the P.E.A.C.E Foundation
• Owned by cooperative of 23 active project beneficiaries
• Governing strategy monitored by the project facilitator on site
How was it funded?
• Toyota Tshusho Africa (Pty) Ltd
Social and Economic Implications
Through this program farmers were able to greatly improve their lifestyle by increasing their income and food security.