Agri SA, together with Agri Gauteng, is launching the Growing Agriculture in South Africa project in Kameeldrift, Pretoria. Information on sheep, chicken, vegetable and cattle farming will be shared. It is an opportunity to see what farming is really about before embarking on the career. Listen to the radio broadcast below to learn more:
MR JACO MINNAAR
Chairman: GRAIN SA
- 1994 : Matric, Highschool Hennenman
- 1998 : Eng. Agriculture (UP)
Experience and expertise
- 1999 : Internship on North Dakotan farm (USA), farming with ia. Wheat, Barley,Canola, Sunflowers, Soybeans and cattle
- 2000 : Started farming in Hennenman and Bothaville Districts
- 2005 – 2011 : Joined Freestate Agriculture’s Executive.
- 2011 : Elected Freestate Agriculture Young farmer of the Year.
- 2009 – current : Joined Grain SA as an Executive member.
- 2011 – current : Elected on the boards of Senwes and SenwesBel, leading Agricultural company.
- 2011 – 2016: Served as Trustee on the Oil and Protein seed Development trust (OPOT)
- 2014 – 2016: Board member of South African Grain Information Service (SAGIS)